On the 10th July at 7pm we’ll be hosting a Pop-Up Kitchen at the Glad Cafe, Glasgow. Come and find out about our interpretations of food and the city.
Open Jar Collective’s Pop-up Kitchen at The Glad Cafe. A creative dining experience inspired by our relationship to the city and made using locally sourced delicacies. Come take part in this feast for the senses and have a chance to explore ‘local’ food in many forms.
Wed 10 July at 7pm, 6-course taster menu £12
The Glad Cafe, 1006A Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
Menu highlights include:
- Bread made from sourdough cultures thriving in different neighbourhoods across Glasgow
- Surplus soup created out of ingredients that might have otherwise been discarded
- A fish dish exploring the migratory pathways of salmon on the River Clyde
- Wild salad made with foraged plants gathered from Queens Park
- Grub Crawl recipe shared by one of the food establishments on the underground circle
- Victoria sponge offering a peak into the history of Glasgow’s markets and how the city developed its sweet tooth
Tickets can be purchased from Locavore, 66 Nithsdale Road, G41 2AN, Tel: 0141 328 3303
For more info or to reserve a ticket please email: email@example.com
This Open Jar Collective event is brought to you by: Hannah Brackston, Emily Chappell, Luke Collins, Daniele Sambo, Clementine Sandison and Alex Wilde