Another great day of cooking at the Kinning Park Complex. Today we were baking some sweet treats including my mum’s Mexican Wedding Cookies and Hugh’s Rich Chocolate Cake which we made with Seed & Bean dark chocolate – it’s delicious, organic, ethical and worth every penny. We also knocked up another loaf of soda bread and some tasty jerusalem artichoke, leek and cauliflower soup.
Miskey’s Mexican wedding cookies
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup sifted icing sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 cup or about 240g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecan nuts, almonds or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or the inside of half a vanilla bean
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (gas mark 4).
2. Mix flour, sugar, salt and nuts together, then add vanilla
3. Work butter into mix until it forms a ball.
4. Shape into 24 patties and bake in the oven until cookies are lightly browned – about 25 minutes
5. Lift off cookie sheet and cool slightly. Roll in icing sugar. Cool and roll again.